Steaks are a favorite for many backyard diners. It’s a great protein that satisfies hunger and provides upscale flavor. How can you make sure your backyard guests leave completely satisfied? Here are 5 tips for getting those steaks just right on the grill.
- Use charcoal – You can cook a great steak on a gas grill, but charcoal is always going to add that extra layer of flavor that we associate with the perfect grilled steak.
- Use a meat thermometer – When you want that perfect medium rare, medium to medium well simply won’t do. But you also don’t want guests to cut into a steak that is cold in the center. For the perfect temp every time, use a meat thermometer and pull steaks off the grill at 130 to 135 degrees. Keep in mind that the USDA recommends 145 degrees for safety purposes, but that temp is definitely medium.
- Choose the right steak – Fat equals flavor, but no one wants entire mouthfuls of fat. You want to choose a steak with good marbling. That means the fat is distributed evenly throughout the meat and all those juices are going to end up in every delicious bite.
- Rest the meat – You should always allow 10 to 15 minutes between when the meat comes off the grill and when you slice into it. This leaves time for the juices to absorb into the meat. Otherwise, all that flavor and moisture just ends up on the cutting board.
- Use the right rub – To season your steaks properly, check out our post on tips for using a dry rub.
The Best Grills for the Best Backyard Dining
No matter how you like your steak, Permasteel offers the tools of the trade to help you create the best meals you’ve ever eaten in your backyard. To learn more, give us a call at 1-888-287-0735, or you can start shopping right now at our online store.